Sunday, June 13, 2010

I'm on FIRE!

OK, I'm not actually on fire, but today at work my hands had this terrible burning sensation. It started on the backs of my fingers between the last knuckle and my palm. Then it spread to the outside of my palm, then the other side of my hand. Now I'm having mild burning in my forearms. WHAT THE HELL?! My skin is intermittently red and splotchy where the burning is. I think it must be some kind of reaction to a chemical or something, but we aren't using anything new in the kitchen. It happened to my hands once before after wearing powdered gloves for a long time, but we stopped using powdered gloves months ago.

The forearm thing happened literally right before I started typing this. I had to keep dunking my hands in a half pan of ice water at work to stop the burning. Heat made it way worse (going outside, warm water, etc.). I hope it's just a reaction or some nerve thing, because those are easy fixes.

This has been one of my best weeks in terms of pain. I haven't gotten above a 7. I think hot yoga is helping, and it's cheaper than my doctor, so I'm probably going to try to get a month unlimited and see if that helps.

Dear God, this burning needs to stop. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment