Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Painiversary 2010

Well, today was surprisingly good. Woke up around a 5 or 6, which is great considering I went to bed at an 8. Got down to a...wait for it...3! 3! That's cause for celebration! It was at work. Then it started to climb up again but not that badly. PT went well - worked on my right side because my hips were CRAZY tight. Then Erin gave me a toasted bagel with hazelnut cream cheese from Panera - yum! Went home, watched Jeopardy, had dinner and ice cream, and just relaxed a bit. It was nice.

I think one of the keys to my pain are my endorphins - as in, I need lots of them. When I do something to release endorphins (i.e. get a tattoo, trivia games, video games, etc.), my pain levels are lower. When I'm stressed they're higher, but lately I've been under a lot of stress and the pain hasn't responded quite as drastically as usual. I suppose I'm managing my stress better, which is good, but I'm still in pain, which reiterates my theory that it's going to take more than a backbrace and stress management to fix me.

I've made it two years now - two years of everything being controlled by pain. I'm ready for a change. I'm ready to have a normal life again. I really hope I don't have another June 1 like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment